Maximus

Maximus
Well, OK... 1/2 Norse. He's a Quarter Horse/Norwegian Fjord cross.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Yet More Change

I've never had to sell a horse I actually liked before. It took me a couple of days to break my funk over Scotch leaving. I think Bill was in the same boat. At least, we seemed to have a stronger connection when riding. I used him to push the sight of that paint being hauled away with some bareback time. Walk and canter... the trot is a little too slick for me without the only good thing to come out of Parellli - their suede bareback pad (lol!). I'll have to get some snapshots of our riding time, which will be a lot until Max returns.

Word is the training is going well, though he's experiencing some barn/yard sour behaviour. He's such a social butterfly.

We have a new mare here again (just so y'all can keep tabs there's yet one more with a foal due to come at the end of the month). I've taken photos and subsequently lost my camera. This mare is another tall one, though much lighter in build than anyone else. She's used to being tops but is taking her new position rather well. We were going to do our usual 3-6 days seperation, but she's come from a healthy place and was worrying too much when the others went out of sight. No use in having her dropping any weight when we can so easily avoid it. Not much hullabalu when we put her in, either. She's content to follow the rest of them around at a respectful distance for now, though she has her eye on Bill.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't checked the blog lately. Congratulations on selling Scotch. While I know it was hard for you, I hope it easied a burden.
    I rode Karly for just a bit at the lake earlier this month. Oh my it felt so good to be in the saddle again. Not good enough to want another horse but it was refreshing to my spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for happy moments in the saddle!

    ReplyDelete