Maximus

Maximus
Well, OK... 1/2 Norse. He's a Quarter Horse/Norwegian Fjord cross.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Picture Post!

Some riding shots that I'm almost too embarrassed to share, but what the hell? We're all people, right? No one's happy about ALL their chunky parts. At least this horse is stout enough to haul me around!

Now, keep in mind that hardly any of our riding contains any grace what-so-ever. Lots of stop, go and git-the-heck up!! I was particularly jealous of my girlfriend taking the shots when watching her seamless bond with her gelding shine through their ride. Max and I will get there, but the tweener stage is awkward.

First up, nice flowing trot...Sooo easy to pick up the correct diagonal on this boy, automatically. LOVEit.


And then we have the stop-s0-fast-we'd-drop-our-trani. He's a cutie, but I'm bustin my ass, trying to get him forward again. He was checking out a beaut of a blondie mare.


Got that forward motion again, with some tail-swishin-F.U. Is it just me or does this guy have flashy leg action?


And our oh-so-pretty TA-DAAA...


This was his first big outing. One hour trailer haul that he handled quite well, only showing protest when it came to load for home. Had to try a few different approaches to get him on, but he was wrapped up and happily munching within 10 minutes. Nothing like a hiccup to remind you where you're really at. This guy is so good I often expect too much from him.
He unloaded and settled calmly, was distracted while riding, but behaved very well over all. I really like this horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment