Maximus

Maximus
Well, OK... 1/2 Norse. He's a Quarter Horse/Norwegian Fjord cross.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ladies' Wednesday!

Well, I've officially entered the world of saddle fitting woes. Max has outgrown my favourite yummy synthetic dressage saddle that I will blissfully ride in anytime, anywhere. I phoned to order one in a wider tree and there is no such beast. CRAP.

Tooling around in a bareback pad on an unschooled horse is tricky business and I'm far too inept to tackle much. Instead, we worked on such intricacies as leading (!lazy!ass!), side-passing from the ground (!champ!) and climbing over and around all kinds of obstacles. A few hissy fits occured on both our parts, but we made some serious progress, I think and had tons of fun doing it.

So I'm searching hi and low, trying on anything resembling a saddle that we stumble across. I'm aiming for either another dressage or a trail saddle. Must be comfy for both of us. Ticker is, whatever is wide enough for his shoulders is too low for his withers. GRRRR. And of course, current financial circumstances being what they are, I'm ridiculously limited... which kind of suits me fine, as I'm sure we'll be transitioning again before Max is finished growing & changing.

We will prevail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment