Maximus

Maximus
Well, OK... 1/2 Norse. He's a Quarter Horse/Norwegian Fjord cross.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Winter Riding..?!

Trailered a friend's horse to her new home and brought The Beast along for the journey. For once he was the trailering babysitter! He does so well loading, now. Just marches right into the Sardine Can. I LOVE it. Was a little concerned when friend's mare shot out in reverse a few times loading. Max tried backing out with her each time, but didn't fight the buttbar. Just a "I'mcomintoo-whoops. No I'm not." My worry was that it might make him anxious to load again, but coming home he could barely wait for me to secure the lead around his neck before getting to that yummy low-starch complete feed, lol! The lower starch is meant to reduce the sugar spikes for his irregular loading-only treat. Not that his behaviour requires it, but I'm a believer that, just like us, it's greater benefit to their health to avoid such things. But who really knows?

Anyhow, puttered around in the arena while I was there, borrowing another friend's Wintec Isabel. Fit Max very well. It was an extra-wide. No wonder my medium ain't cuttin' it!

Here's the fuzzy chunk monkey... and Max, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment