Maximus

Maximus
Well, OK... 1/2 Norse. He's a Quarter Horse/Norwegian Fjord cross.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Finally!

Missed last week's ladies' Wednesday on account of some serious stomach flu... yelch.

This week's event was no less rewarding and exciting than any other. After practicing our loading with Bill all weekend at the park, Max loaded in less than 30 seconds ALL BY HIMSELF both to leave and to come home. I was SO excited!! We may have just conquered our need for a babysitter.

The arena was at beautiful capacity, with 6 lovely riders. There was just enough distraction to really work on Max's focus. We did some serious trotting and even a couple of our hairy canter departures. A friend brought up a great idea I'm going to try next week - trot his drafty tukuss off then as for the canter. It's great rhythm-building, anyhow. I just love being so in tune to a horse and am excited for the day Max & I click. He is such a fun and engaging personality, I just know this will be my most rewarding horsey relationship yet! For myself, 3rd time definitely is the charm!

As soon as our new little pony boy can reliably tie calmly and without pawing, he'll be coming on our weekly excursions. Never too early to learn the ropes! I think he'll LOVE it!

I'm so at home with all three of our horsey personalities... like wearing a favourite sweater. They compliment each other so well and fit us and our needs so well.

Horse-wise, life is absolute bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment