Maximus

Maximus
Well, OK... 1/2 Norse. He's a Quarter Horse/Norwegian Fjord cross.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Goin Treeless

Rode last Wednesday in a friend's Rebecca Treeless. Max spent a lot of time walking and trotting with his nose on the ground. I'm not disciplined enough to ride without the support of a conventional saddle and found my legs swinging all over and torso leaning FAR forward. I need to work out!

Max's response to the new toy had my gears turning. I've also recently tried out a Sensation Treeless and really enjoyed how much it felt like a normal saddle to me. I'd like to try it out again now that Max and I are getting on so much better (I had tried it before his training and was too distracted with controlling him to really absorb the feel). If it feels as good as I remember and Max likes it as much as the Rebecca, it'll be the new trophy I set my cap for.

I'd get an all-black model just like this:

Oh Drool... They're Canadian-made and of exceptional quality. Price-point is about $1400. It's on my wish list.

There was riding at my ladies' venue tonight and Patrick was invited. Good for him to get out with his horse. We're both quite busy with our businesses and sprucing up the homestead in prep for winter. He enjoyed playing around and testing his relationship with Bill but is a trail rider at heart. I hope he makes it out a couple of times a month, at least. I'm sure if the rumoured Men's night strikes up he'll be right there. He's always so frustrated with all the muffin parties.

It feels like a year since I last rode. Business has been hoppin on the dog front. I can't wait for the day after tomorrow! Don't tell the hubby, but I snagged some low-profile stirrup leathers on ebay in an effort to minimise my discomfort with the tweener saddle (that's what I'm calling my latest saddle purchase as the truth is it's just not comfortable enough to be a forever model). I can't wait till they come in!! I'm hoping that, as advertised, the lack of a buckle will reduce the pressure on the inside of my thigh. Nothing to do about the ridge on the back of the seat, but perhaps as I continue to lose weight, that pressure will reduce a little. It just may be the quality construction of a lower-end piece of tack with a specialty wider tree. ^shrug^ I can live with it for a while. As long as my growing boy has room to develop well...

No comments:

Post a Comment