Maximus

Maximus
Well, OK... 1/2 Norse. He's a Quarter Horse/Norwegian Fjord cross.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Tete a Tete

Not a whole lot of saddle work this past Wednesday. We focused more on our invisible connection with some follow-me-at-liberty work. Unfortunately, right when I went to collect him from the pasture he made it clear that he did NOT want to play with me. He maintained his grouchy face throughout the day. He was good enough to humour me on the follow-me game, but made it entirely clear he was doing so under extreme duress. ha!

There were two other horses playing the same game with their riders in the arena at the time. I removed the halter and just draped the lead rope around his neck/withers. We went over and around all kinds of obstacles, including around the other horses. The goal was to have his head at my shoulder the entire time, by free will. I had to slip my hand onto his outside cheek quite a bit, especially when his friend May was walking by, but we did not too shabby. If only I could have pried his ears from laying flat on his neck!

The next day, he met me at the gate with his usual playful demeanour. Defintely had an off day. Save those for any day but Wednesdays, buddy!

Oh and I forgot my camera. pffft.

No comments:

Post a Comment