Maximus

Maximus
Well, OK... 1/2 Norse. He's a Quarter Horse/Norwegian Fjord cross.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Bugs

Been laying pretty low for quite a while. First, the weather. Then some mysterious sinus infection ran through our herd, affecting 4 of 7 horses. The two younsters were hit, of course. Our boy had to be upgraded from pills to shots and finally we see results. He's getting better for the handling, I think. Despite some punk-antics and understandable reaction to the 4 18-guage needles per day, he remains a very well-balanced boy. We really like him and are excited about what kind of horse he's going to be!

Just said hullo to Maximus for the first time in weeks, tonight. He's as sexy and funny as ever. If they could bottle him up, I'd be rich. Of course, I'm disgustingly bias.

Not sure if I'll take him off property this week or wait another, just to be safe. No sense spreading this thing around.

Feet are on the docket soon, too. Going to take some brush-up lessons from my farrier and recharge my batteries. All three look quite good, if long. I hope to never have difficult feet to keep again! In fact, upgrade that to a difficult horse to keep, period, again! I just love our three boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment