Maximus

Maximus
Well, OK... 1/2 Norse. He's a Quarter Horse/Norwegian Fjord cross.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trooper

We had our first teeth floating appointment yesterday. I have to say, I was quite impressed with the boy. We opted to tranq him to reduce stress and keep things happy. He was content to be left to his happy snooze after we were done. It took all of 3 minutes, total. There was nothing serious going on - he never has trouble gaining weight or accepting the bit at all, but some uncomfy points were brought down. I'm very happy to have done it before winter sets in, to put my mind at ease if nothing else.

No riding since we've been back, unfortunately. Been busy focussing on the business of dogs and the weather has NOT been cooperating with my limited schedule. We are hopefully looking forward to a Bird's Hill ride & sleep over for the middle of October, if we can pawn the spawn off. We shall see!

Hope all of you are enjoying all good things horse. We can't afford not to take in their wholesome therapy!

Love seeing the fuzzy beast in the pasture every day. He's such a delightful ham. I've got to remember the camera on my pasture walks one of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment